It’s Holland quilt along week 4! How was it piecing your blocks last week? I hope you found that they went together pretty quickly. This week we’re trimming our flying geese units to size and putting the blocks together.
As we start to near the finish line for the quilt along, it’s not too late to play along. Just head over to my store to get your copy of the pattern. If you want to make the blue ombre version on the cover, you can still get fabric kits from Studio B Quilt. Let’s get to it!
This week’s sponsor is me! I have a great prize bin and will give one lucky quilter a precut fabric bundle and pattern. When you post to Instagram using #hollandQAL, that’s an entry to win a prize. You don’t have to post the current week’s task to be eligible. There’s no such thing as “behind” on Team Thread.
Week 4: Tasks & Info
Here’s what’s on deck for week 4:
- Task: Trim your flying geese units and piece your blocks
- Share: Post your progress to Instagram using #hollandQAL
- Sponsor: One lucky quilter will win a precut fabric bundle and pattern from my prize bin
I have two tips for you this week:
- Bring patience, a beverage, and a Netflix series to your cutting table. This step is tedious, but it’s so worth it to have perfectly pieced geese.
- Make sure you’re using a great ruler. This will vary from person to person, but I highly recommend it be very grippy and be very easy to read. Think about putting Washi tape on your ruler so lining it up for each block is easier.
My blocks for my holiday Holland are coming along. I’m really excited about how this is going to look as a winter quilt. Can’t wait for the snuggles!
If you press using the tips in the pattern, every one of your seams should nest together. I’m not big on pinning my work, so I love it when seams nest so nicely.
Alright, I can’t wait to see what you do this week. You’re all doing a great job! See you next week for the final week of our quilty time together.